Pages

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Breakfast Bento Box

I eat some pretty cray (ie: non-traditional) things for breakfast to keep my foods interesting.  My favorite is almost anything mixed with cottage cheese.  Tomatoes, sliced up hard boiled egg, cucumbers, you name it!  Starbucks makes some pretty delicious bento boxes.  They are a mixture of low point and perfectly portioned snacks all in one box made for mixing and matching.  My fav is the chicken and hummus one, but at over $5 per box I rarely want to splurge for this tasty breakfast.  So, I made my own, and even put it in a rectangular glass container so that it felt special and fancy while I was eating it at work!  This is a spin-off of the chicken and hummus box, but as you can imagine the combinations are endless!

***I realize a normal person might eat this meal for lunch, so feel free to try that too!

Servings: 1
Size: 1 bento box
Points Plus: 5pp
Level of Difficulty: Easy
Prep Time: 5 minues
Cook Time: 0 minues
Rating: 4 stars - Very Good

Ingredient List:
3 little cuties
1 T. hummus
1/2 c. 1% cottage cheese
1 c. raw carrots
1/4 whole wheat pita cut into triangles
1 string cheese

Directions:
You really just measure and package people! Imagine, you can really dip everything together, and then eat the little cuties for dessert!

Tip:
Add an egg or 1 T. of peanut butter to increase the protein (and the pp value). As mentioned, the possibilities are endless, but this cute breakfast keeps me full all morning and also makes me feel like I am going to the local coffee shop to pick up a quick start to my day!

XOXO - Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...