Pages

Friday, June 14, 2013

Kitchen Tool Review: Lemon Zester

This is the most AMAZING lemon zester ever!  I have struggled to find a good one that is has sharp enough blades that make zesting or grating an easy task.  It always feels like it takes forever to get enough zest for what your recipe calls for.

Last summer my family was visiting MN and we were doing some shopping in 50th and France.  We wandered into Sur La Table. (Side note:  If you have never been in a Sur La Table... go find the closest one now!  It's a very fun kitchen store that offers lots of specialty tools and quality cookware, bakeware etc.  Think of it similar to a Williams Sonoma, but a bit more specialized).  I had made a breakfast blueberry cake for brunch for my family that weekend, but my recipe called for lemon zest and I didn't have the right tool so I omitted it.  As we were browsing in Sur La Table, I decided to ask an employee for any recommendations for a good zester.  I was pointed toward the zester below - it's a Cuisipro Fine-Rasp Etched Grater.  The saleswoman swore this was by far the best zester/grater out there!  She was right!  I am impressed by how quickly I can zest a lemon and how fine of a grate this tool produces.

Cuisipro Fine-Rasp Etched Grater

The uses of this tool go well beyond just lemon or orange zest.  I have used it to grate ginger for stir-frys.  And I have even used it to grate a carrot when you want a very fine, minced consistency for your vegetables. If you are in the market for a zester - this is the one!

PS Be on the lookout for the breakfast blueberry cake recipe on the blog in the future. J



XOXO Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...