Pages

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Fresh Green Beans with Tomatoes and Goat Cheese

Fact: I hate balsamic vinegar and roasted tomatoes.  Fact: This recipe made me love both!  And I don't mean like, I mean L.O.V.E.  Who knew!?  Who knew that when you roasted baby tomatoes in olive oil and balsamic vinegar that it created a delicous thick sauce?  Who knew that the combo of roasted tomatoes and green beans is the bomb?  Who knew that goat cheese is great on anything? (I knew that!) Goat cheese is actually a really low fat cheese that I am going to start using more this summer.  Anyways, enjoy this as a side or main dish with your fresh veggies.  Also as a side, it is almost tomato time! (I am so excited)

Servings: 4
Size: About 1 1/2 cups
Points Plus: 3pp
Level of Difficulty: Easy
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Rating: 4 stars - Very Good

Ingredient List:
4 cups fresh green beans, trimmed and cleaned
1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
1 T. olive oil
2 T. good balsamic vinegar
2 oz. goat cheese

Directions: 
Bring a pan with water to a boil and cook beans about four minutes.  Remove from heat and strain. Heat olive oil in pan and sautee tomatoes until soft, about 4 minutes.  Add balsamic and sautee 1 minute more.  Add beans and sautee about 3 more minutes.  Portion you dish and add equal parts of goat cheese to both plates.  Enjoy!

Tip:
You could add the goat cheese to the sautee pan while still on the heat to made a more creamy sauce.  Also, I am sure this dish would be great with garlic and onions but I just wasn't in the mood (which is weird because as you know I love onions)

XOXO - Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...