Pages

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Salad for One! (chicken, veggies, cottage cheese and evoo)

Sometimes salads sound so blaaaaaa.  Sometimes all you need though, is a new mix of salad ingredients to reinvigorate your salad love.  Example - one day my weight watchers leader said 'I love to mix cucumbers, tomatoes, lettuce, feta, evoo and salt'! I went home, made that salad, and then ate it practically every day for weeks!  Here is an easy salad that I made in an effort to use up some CSA veggies. Also, I am a quantity eater, and I love that this salad is huge, filled my WHOLE plate and made me full. It is packed with protein and made for a great dinner for one!

Servings: 1
Size: 1 salad!
Points Plus: 9 pp (keep in mind this salad is HUGE and could be split in 1/2)
Level of Difficulty: Easy
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: n/a
Rating: 3 stars - Good


Ingredient List: 
1 handful of mixed greens
4 oz. rotisserie chicken
1/2 cup sliced cucumber
1/2 tomato
2 T. fat free feta
1/2 cup 1% cottage cheese
4 basil leaves, chopped
1 t. olive oil
Kosher salt

Directions:
Mix first 7 ingredients in a bowl. Add olive oil and salt, then toss.  Put on a plate and enjoy!

Tip:
1. I love using cottage cheese as salad dressing, try it! 2. There is something about tossing your salad together at home that makes it feel fancier, try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...